[openstack-dev] Gantt project

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Aug 12 15:23:56 UTC 2014

Thanks for the info. It does seem like most OpenStack projects have some concept of a "scheduler", as you mentioned. Perhaps that's expected in any distributed system.

Is it expected or assumed that Gantt will become the common scheduler for all OpenStack projects? That is, is Gantt's plan and/or design goals to provide scheduling (or a "scheduling framework") for all OpenStack projects? Perhaps this is a question for the TC rather than Don. [1]

Since Gantt is initially intended to be used by Nova, will it be under the compute program or will there be a new program created for it?

--John

[1] You'll forgive me, but I've certainly seen OpenStack projects move from "you can use it if you want" to "you must start using this" in the past.