[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Docker][HEAT] Cloud-init and docker container

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:52:58 UTC 2014

Thanks Qiming. ;-)

Yes, this is one solution for running user data when using docker container
in HEAT. I see that the properties include almost all of the parameters
used in "docker run".

Do you know if docker container support cloud-init in a image? My
understanding is NOT as I did not see "userdata" in docker property.

> Hi,
>
> Are you aware of the dockter_container resource type
> (DockerInc::Docker::Container) in Heat contrib directory? I am seeing a
> 'CMD' property which is a list of command to run after the container is
> spawned.
>
> Is that what you want?
>
> Regards,
>   Qiming
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 02:27:39PM +0800, Jay Lau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm now doing some investigation for docker + HEAT integration and come
> up
> > one question want to get your help.
> >
> > What is the best way for a docker container to run some user data once
> the
> > docker container was provisioned?
> >
> > I think there are two ways: using cloud-init or the "CMD" section in
> > Dockerfile, right? just wondering does anyone has some experience with
> > cloud-init for docker container, does the configuration same with VM?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jay

Jay