[openstack-dev] [qa][ceilometer] swapping the roles of mongodb and sqlalchemy for ceilometer in Tempest

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 22:07:31 UTC 2014

> Ignoring the question of is it ok to say: 'to run ceilometer in any sort of
> non-trivial deployment you must manager yet another underlying service,
> mongodb' I would prefer not adding an addition gate variant to all projects.
> With the effort to reduce the number of gate variants we have [0] I would
> prefer to see just ceilometer gate on both mongodb and sqlalchemy and the
> main integrated gate [1] pick just one.

Just checking to see that I fully understand what you mean there, Joe.

So would we:

 (a) add a new integrated-gate-ceilometer project-template to [1],
     in the style of integrated-gate-neutron or integrated-gate-sahara,
     which would replicate the main integrated-gate template but with
     the addition of gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-mongodb(-full)

or:

 (b) simply move gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-mongodb(-full) from
     the experimental column[2] in the openstack-ceilometer project,
     to the gate column on that project

or:

 (c) something else

Please excuse the ignorance of gate mechanics inherent in that question.

Cheers,
Eoghan

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml#n238
[2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml#n801