[openstack-dev] [nova] fair standards for all hypervisor drivers

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 11 14:03:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-11 14:56:27 +0100 (+0100), Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> If there are specific things we could do to libvirt.org / qemu.org
> download sites, to make mirroring easier or more reliable for
> OpenStack, we could certainly explore options there, since we know
> the right people involved in both projects.

Mirroring is generally a reaction to stability issues more than
anything. Providing those files from multiple locations behind a
global cache/load-balancing solution (maybe a CDN) to ensure
stability would likely help prevent us from needing to have yet
another one-off mirror for a handful of files. It's worth adding to
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting
and discussing tomorrow, if you're around, so we can be sure to
get input from more of the Infra team.
--
Jeremy Stanley