[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Continuing on "Calling driver interface on every API request"

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Mon Aug 11 11:43:04 UTC 2014

Hi:

Continuing from last week's LBaaS meeting...

Currently an entity cannot be sent to driver unless it is linked to loadbalancer because loadbalancer is the root object and driver information is only available with loadbalancer.

The request to the driver is delayed because of which error propagation becomes tricky.

Let's say a monitor was configured with timeout > delay there would be no error then.
When a listener is configured there will be a monitor creation/deployment error like "timeout configured greater than delay".

Unless the error is very clearly crafted the user won't be able to understand the error.

I am half-heartedly OK with current approach.

But, I would prefer Brandon's Solution - make provider an attribute in each of the entities to get rid of this problem.

What do others think?

Thanks,
Vijay V.