[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Use cases with regards to VIP and routers

Susanne Balle sleipnir012 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:05:35 UTC 2014

Gang,

I was asked the following questions around our Neutron LBaaS use cases:

1.  Will there be a scenario where the “VIP” port will be in a different
Node, from all the Member “VMs” in a pool.

2.  Also how likely is it for the LBaaS configured subnet to not have a
“router” and just use the “extra_routes” option.

3.  Is there a valid use case where customers will be using the
“extra_routes” with subnets instead of the “routers”. ( It would be great
if you have some use case picture for this).

Feel free to chime in here and I'll summaries the answers.

Regards Susanne