[openstack-dev] [all] The future of the integrated release

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Aug 11 09:02:52 UTC 2014

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-08-08 09:43:54 -0700 (-0700), Devananda van der Veen wrote:
> [...]
>> this sounds like it will also solve the current problem when a
>> core reviewer has gone on vacation after blocking something for
>> procedural reasons.
>
> I don't really think so, unless I'm misunderstanding which vacation
> problem you're talking about. We can either make a vote carry over
> on subsequent patchsets (in which case you need someone to reverse
> or delete the -2 before you can merge it) or not (in which case you
> will lose that -2 on the next uploaded patchset and have to keep
> reapplying it manually).
>
> Unless perhaps you're suggesting that we should allow approved
> changes to merge even with a workflow -2 from another reviewer
> (keeping in mind that we don't currently allow changes with a
> workflow -1 to merge).

Hmm..

Ideally we'd want a blocking vote that carries over patchsets, but which
can be set or unset by any core/driver/ptl (to be determined). So if the
PTL sets the "procedural" Workflow-2 at feature freeze, I can clear it
when RC1 is published.

Not sure that's supported in Gerrit though :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)