[openstack-dev] [nova] fair standards for all hypervisor drivers

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 06:59:23 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 09:06 -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 08/07/2014 08:06 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> > It seems to me that the tension here is that there are groups who
> > would really like to use features in newer libvirts that we don't CI
> > on in the gate. Is it naive to think that a possible solution here is
> > to do the following:
> >
> >  - revert the libvirt version_cap flag
>
> I don't feel strongly either way on this.  It seemed useful at the time
> for being able to decouple upgrading libvirt and enabling features that
> come with that.

Right, I suggested the flag as a more deliberate way of avoiding the
issue that was previously seen in the gate with live snapshots. I still
think it's a pretty elegant and useful little feature, and don't think
we need to use it as proxy battle over testing requirements for new
libvirt features.

Mark.