[openstack-dev] [qa][ceilometer] swapping the roles of mongodb and sqlalchemy for ceilometer in Tempest

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 12:55:42 UTC 2014

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack-infra/config+branch:master+topic:ceilometer-mongodb-job,n,z
> [2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack-infra/devstack-gate+branch:master+topic:ceilometer-backend,n,z

My interpretation of the gap analysis [1] is merely that you have coverage,
not that you switch to it and relegate the SQLAlchemy tests to second
chair. I believe that's a dangerous departure from current standards. A
dependency on mongodb, due to it's AGPL license, and lack of sufficient
support for a non-AGPL storage back end, has consistently been raised as a
blocking issue for Marconi. [2]

-Deva

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/TechnicalCommittee/Ceilometer_Gap_Coverage

[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-March/030510.html
is a very articulate example of this objection