[openstack-dev] [all] The future of the integrated release

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 8 09:06:08 UTC 2014

Michael Still wrote:
> [...] I think an implied side effect of
> the runway system is that nova-drivers would -2 blueprint reviews
> which were not occupying a slot.
>
> (If we start doing more -2's I think we will need to explore how to
> not block on someone with -2's taking a vacation. Some sort of role
> account perhaps).

Ideally CodeReview-2s should be kept for blocking code reviews on
technical grounds, not procedural grounds. For example it always feels
weird to CodeReview-2 all feature patch reviews on Feature Freeze day --
that CodeReview-2 really doesn't have the same meaning as a traditional
CodeReview-2.

For those "procedural blocks" (feature freeze, waiting for runway
room...), it might be interesting to introduce a specific score
(Workflow-2 perhaps) that drivers could set. That would not prevent code
review from happening, that would just clearly express that this is not
ready to land for release cycle / organizational reasons.

Thoughts?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)