[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Bug squashing day

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Thu Aug 7 14:39:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Eugene Nikanorov
<enikanorov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi neutron folks,
>
> Today should have been 'Bug squashing day' where we go over existing bugs
> filed for the project and triage/prioritize/comment on them.
>
> I've created an etherpad with (hopefully) full list of neutron bugs:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-bug-squashing-day-2014-08-07
>
> I was able to walk through a couple of almost thousand of bugs we have.
> My target was to reduce the number of open bugs, so some of them I moved to
> incomplete/invalid/won't fix state (not many though); then, to reduce the
> number of high importance bugs, especially if they're hanging for too long.
>
> As you can see, bugs in the etherpad are sorted by importance.
> Some of my observations include:
> - almost all bugs with High priority really seem like issues we should be
> fixing.
> In many cases submitter or initial contributor abandoned his work on the
> bug...
> - there are a couple of important bugs related to DVR where previously
> working stuff
> is broken, but in all cases there are DVR subteam members working on those,
> so we're good here so far.
>
> I also briefly described resolution for each bug, where 'n/a' means that bug
> just needs to be fixed/work should be continued without any change to state.
> I'm planning to continue to go over this list and expect more bugs will go
> away which previously have been marked as medium/low or wishlist.
>
> If anyone is willing to help - you're welcome!

Thanks for setting this up Eugene! I've been down with a nasty cold
yesterday and still not feeling well today, I will try to be on
#openstack-neutron off and on today. I encourage other Neutron cores
to be there as well so we can coordinate the work and help new bugfix
submitters.

Thanks!
Kyle