[openstack-dev] Fwd: FW: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Prasad Vellanki prasad.vellanki at oneconvergence.com
Thu Aug 7 02:32:33 UTC 2014

I don't think people are choosing because of the shortest route but rather
these may be two different items that are not completely exclusive but
different enough.
Nova parity addresses the scope to have existing well understood and stable
api currently supported in nova to be supported in neutron and a dash to
make that code stable. The goal is to move quickly to enable replacement of
nova networking.
While group policy is offering additional abstractions which are richer
that enables easier usage of networking.

Both teams have been working diligently towards that goal. As pedro points
out there are several people from different organizations working on GBP to
ensure stability and closely reviewed code is checked in.

I think both nova parity and GBP can go in parallel, hence my choice of
option 1