[openstack-dev] How to improve the specs review process (was Re: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward)

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 00:51:26 UTC 2014

I definitely agree that such cross-pollination across projects is ideal.

However, I think (and not to deviate from the general discussion on
making blueprint specs review more effective), Kevin's question was
specifically in the context of the GBP blueprint. It is not clear in
that case that a Nova reviewer would have caught the terminology
overlap. Or in other words, anyone else could have caught that, and it
did not have to be a Nova reviewer (perhaps a Keystone reviewer might
have been more perceptive).

Also the model being proposed in the GBP extensions is more
user-centrci (user being the app deployer). Nova's interaction with
Neutron is more in the consumption of the current network/port level
imperative APIs.