[openstack-dev] [git-review] Supporting development in local branches

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 23:41:08 UTC 2014

On 06/08/14 18:12, Yuriy Taraday wrote:
>>> 2. since hacking takes tremendous amount of time (you're doing a Cool
>>> >>

>> >This is not how I'd use Git normally.
>
> Well, as per Git author, that's how you should do with not-CVS. You have
> cheap merges - use them instead of erasing parts of history.

This is just not true.

http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg39091.html

Choice quotes from the author of Git:

* 'People can (and probably should) rebase their _private_ trees'
* 'you can go wild on the "git rebase" thing'
* 'we use "git rebase" etc while we work on our problems.'
* '"git rebase" is not wrong.'