[openstack-dev] How to improve the specs review process (was Re: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Aug 6 20:44:59 UTC 2014

On Wed 06 Aug 2014 01:21:26 PM PDT, Eugene Nikanorov wrote:
> So I don't think it's fair to blame reviewers here.

Just want to be super clear: there is no 'blaming' here. This is a
request to regroup and look at why we are having this conversation about
GBP now, this late in cycle, and about such fundamental topics (the
choice of 'endpoint' as name is only one of them), after in-person
conversations over more than one release cycle and summits.

I am available for the meeting on Monday, Kyle.

In order to prepare for the meeting we should agree on the scope of the
root cause analysis. I think the problem should be framed around the
message Mark McClain sent, especially the "Why this email" which I quote
below:

> Our community has been discussing and working on Group Based Policy
> (GBP) for many months.  I think the discussion has reached a point
> where we need to openly discuss a few issues before moving forward.
[...]

I think the fact that this very fair question has been raised so late is
the problem we need to find the cause for. Would you agree?

We'll use time during the meeting on Monday to use a simple technique to
investigate this deeply, no need to spend time now and via email.

/stef