[openstack-dev] Fwd: FW: [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:04:41 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 04:30 AM, Stefano Santini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my company (Vodafone), we (DC network architecture) are following
> very closely the work happening on Group Based Policy since we see a
> great value on the new paradigm to drive network configurations with an
> advanced logic.
>
> We're working on a new production project for an internal private cloud
> deployment targeting Juno release where we plan to introduce the
> capabilities based on using Group Policy and we don't want to see it
> delayed.
> We strongly request/vote to see this complete as proposed without such
> changes to allow to move forward with the evolution of the network
> capabilities

Hi Stefano,

AFAICT, there is nothing that can be done with the GBP API that cannot
be done with the low-level regular Neutron API.

Further, if the Nova integration of the GBP API does not occur in the
Juno timeframe, what benefit will GBP in Neutron give you? Specifics on
the individual API calls that you would change would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your input!
-jay