[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:45:57 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 01:22 PM, Kevin Benton wrote:
> What I was referring to was also not Keystone's definition of an
> endpoint. It's almost as if the term has many uses and was not invented
> for Keystone. :-)
>
> http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChStatEndpoints.html
>
> Did a similar discussion occur when Heat wanted to use the word
> 'template' since this was clearly already in use by Horizon?

Not sure. But I do know that conversations around resource names in REST
API endpoints (yes, that is how the term has been used in OpenStack)
have been numerous. Just search for various conversations around project
or tenant, or any of the Tuskar API modeling conversations. These kinds
of discussions do come up often, and for good reason... these are the
public APIs of OpenStack and are our "first impression" to the user, so
to speak. It's a lot easier to try and get things right first than go
through endless deprecation and backwards compatibility discussions. :)

Best,
-jay