[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:34:27 UTC 2014

On Aug 6, 2014 10:21 AM, "Ronak Shah" <ronak.malav.shah at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have diverged our attention towards nova-network-> neutron parity on
this thread unnecessarily.

> Can we discuss and collectively decide on what is the way forward for GBP
in Juno release?

> Efforts have been made by the subteam starting from throwing PoC at last
summit to spec approval to code review.

> There are usefulness to this feature and I think everyone is on the same
page there.

> Let us not discourage the effort by bringing in existing neutron issue in
play.

> Yes, we has a neutorn community needs to fix that with highest priority.
> But this is orthogonal effort.

The efforts may be orthogonal, but the review team and bandwidth of said
team is one and the same. Making nova-network the highest priority means
pushing other blueprints back as needed.  And since there is still so much
uncertainty around GPB this late in the cycle, IMHO it's a good candidate
for getting deferred.