[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Carlino, Chuck (OpenStack TripleO, Neutron) chuck.carlino at hp.com
Wed Aug 6 13:56:28 UTC 2014

On Aug 6, 2014, at 1:11 AM, Aaron Rosen <aaronorosen at gmail.com<mailto:aaronorosen at gmail.com>> wrote:

I agree, I had actually proposed this here: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-api-quantum-create-port  :),   though there are some issues we need to solve in neutron first -- allowing the mac_address on the port to be updated in neutron. This is required for bare metal support as when the port is created we don't know which physical mac will need to be mapped to the port.

FYI, this is work in progress (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1341268 and https://review.openstack.org/#/c/112129/).

Chuck Carlino