[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Group Based Policy and the way forward

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:49:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:
> Correct, this work is orthogonal to the parity work, which I understand is
> coming along very nicely.

Agree Gary and Kevin. I think the topic of Nova integration has
created confusion in people’s mind (at least the non-Neutron folks)
with regards to what is being proposed in the Group-based Policy (GBP)
feature. So to clarify - GBP is an optional extension, like many other
existing Neutron extensions. It is not meant to replace the Neutron
core API and/or the current Nova-Neutron interaction in Juno.