[openstack-dev] [All] Gate bugs in the real world

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Aug 5 22:02:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

An interesting thing happened today. The Infra team noticed that
nodepool was unable to delete a significant number of nodes from the
two public clouds we use to test OpenStack. Upon further investigation
it was determined that we were hitting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+bug/1297309 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1211915.

Both of these bugs were found via our gate testing. One was tracked by
elastic-recheck and the other has logstash queries. I bring this up
because it illustrates there there is massive value in identifying,
triaging, and fixing these bugs before they also become a problem for
operators and end users. This isn't just about fixing the gate, it is
about
making OpenStack better for everyone.

Thank you for your time and do let us know in #openstack-infra or on
this thread if you are interested in helping with the current set of
gate failures. We would love more volunteers.

Clark