[openstack-dev] [git-review] Supporting development in local branches

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Aug 5 18:48:44 UTC 2014

On 08/05/2014 10:51 AM, ZZelle wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I like the idea  ... with complex change, it could useful for the
> understanding to split it into smaller changes during development.

I don't understand this.  If it's a complex change that you need
multiple commits to keep track of locally, why wouldn't reviewers want
the same thing?  Squashing a bunch of commits together solely so you
have one review for Gerrit isn't a good thing.  Is it just the warning
message that git-review prints when you try to push multiple commits
that is the problem here?