[openstack-dev] [taskflow] How to use the logbook

Roman Klesel roman.klesel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:45:19 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating taskflow. I read through the examples and
extracted bits and peaces to write a little app in order to see how it
works. Right now I'm most interested in the job board and the flows.

In my code I post a Job to a jobboard, pick it up, end execute a flow
(similar to the build_car example. Sometimes the flow completes
sucessfully sometimes I make a task raise an exception. In the case a
task fails the whole flow is reverted and the job is back on the board
with state "UNCLAIMED". So it seems everything works as expected.

Now I would like to scan the jobboard and examine the jobs in order to
see whether they have been claimed in the past, if yes, who claimed
them, how often, when, what has happened to them, where did they fail,
etc.

I thought the logbook is the facility to look into, but it never seems
so have any information. No matter how often a Job has failed and also
if it was sucessful I always get this:

print job.book.to_dict()

{'updated_at': None, 'created_at': datetime.datetime(2014, 8, 4, 8,
33, 31, 218007), 'meta': {}, 'name': u'romans_book', 'uuid':
u'f5eb6f75-06d7-4f52-a72e-f85f69ba67a0'}

What am I doing wrong?

Regards Roman