[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Addressing unit tests broken by random PYTHONHASHSEED

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Mon Aug 4 18:42:44 UTC 2014

Please see this bug:  https://launchpad.net/bugs/1348818

I innocently assigned myself to this bug for Neutron. However, there are a
very large number of Neutron unit tests that are broken by random hash seeds.
I think multiple people should work on fixing the tests.

We don't want to have multiple people doing the same fixes simultaneously, so
I have created an etherpad[1] to list the broken tests and allow people to
sign up for fixing them. Please read the instructions carefully.

This is not urgent work for Neutron for Juno. Please prioritize other work
first. However, there are several "low-hanging-fruit" fixes in the list, which
may be good for new developers. Some of them are not so trivial though, so be
careful.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-random-hashseed