[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Cinder tempest api volume tests failed

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 1 15:56:47 UTC 2014

On 8/1/2014 4:16 AM, Nikesh Kumar Mahalka wrote:
> Hi Mike,test which is failed for me is:
> *tempest.api.volume.admin.test_volume_types.VolumeTypesTest*
>
> I am getting error in below function call in above test
>   "*self.volumes_client.wait_for_volume_status**(volume['id'],** 'available')**".*
>
> This function call is in below function:
> *@test.attr(type='smoke')
> *
> *    def
> test_create_get_delete_volume_with_volume_type_and_extra_specs(self)*
>

> I saw in c-sch log and i found this major issue:
> *2014-08-01 14:08:05.773 11853 ERROR
> cinder.scheduler.flows.create_volume
> [req-ceafd00c-30b1-4846-a555-6116556efb3b
> 43af88811b2243238d3d9fc732731565 a39922e8e5284729b07fcd045cfd5a88 - - -]
> Failed to run task
> cinder.scheduler.flows.create_volume.ScheduleCreateVolumeTask;volume:create:
> No valid host was found. No weighed hosts available*
>
> Actually by analyzing the test i found:
> 1)it is creating a volume-type with extra_specs
> 2)it is creating a volume with volume type and here it is failing.
>

> *Below is my new local.conf file. *
> *Am i missing anything in this?*
>
> [[local|localrc]]
> ADMIN_PASSWORD=some_password
> DATABASE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
> RABBIT_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
> SERVICE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
> SERVICE_TOKEN=ADMIN
> FLAT_INTERFACE=eth0
> FIXED_RANGE=192.168.2.80/29 <http://192.168.2.80/29>
> HOST_IP=192.168.2.64
> LOGFILE=$DEST/logs/stack.sh.log
> SCREEN_LOGDIR=$DEST/logs/screen
> SYSLOG=True
> SYSLOG_HOST=$HOST_IP
> SYSLOG_PORT=516
> RECLONE=yes
> CINDER_ENABLED_BACKENDS=client:client_driver
> TEMPEST_VOLUME_DRIVER=client_iscsi
> TEMPEST_VOLUME_VENDOR="CLIENT"
> TEMPEST_STORAGE_PROTOCOL=iSCSI
> VOLUME_BACKING_FILE_SIZE=20G
>
> [[post-config|$CINDER_CONF]]
> [client_driver]
> volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.san.client.iscsi.client_iscsi.ClientISCSIDriver
> san_ip=192.168.2.192
> san_login=some_name
> san_password=some_password
> client_iscsi_ips = 192.168.2.193
>

> *Below is my cinder.conf:*
> [keystone_authtoken]
> auth_uri = http://192.168.2.64:5000/v2.0
> signing_dir = /var/cache/cinder
> admin_password = some_password
> admin_user = cinder
> admin_tenant_name = service
> cafile =
> identity_uri = http://192.168.2.64:35357
>
> [DEFAULT]
> rabbit_password = some_password
> rabbit_hosts = 192.168.2.64
> rpc_backend = cinder.openstack.common.rpc.impl_kombu
> use_syslog = True
> default_volume_type = client_driver
> enabled_backends = client_driver
> enable_v1_api = true
> periodic_interval = 60
> lock_path = /opt/stack/data/cinder
> state_path = /opt/stack/data/cinder
> [...]

Can you please start tagging your threads on an out-of-tree cinder
driver with [cinder] in the subject line so this gets filtered into the
cinder channel at least.

Generally when people come to the openstack-dev list asking for help
with a deployment they get sent to ask.openstack.org or the general
openstack mailing list.

This sort of falls in between since it sounds like you're doing
development on a new driver and trying to get tempest working, but if
this is going to be an openstack-dev list discussion, please isolate it
to [cinder], or go to the #openstack-cinder channel in IRC.

Matt Riedemann