[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Status of A/A HA for neutron-metadata-agent?

marios@redhat.com mandreou at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 15:11:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have been asked by a colleague about the status of A/A HA for
neutron-* processes. From the 'HA guide' [1], l3-agent and
metadata-agent are the only neutron components that can't be deployed in
A/A HA (corosync/pacemaker for a/p is documented as available 'out of
the box' for both).

The l3-agent work is approved for J3 [4] but I am unaware of any work on
the metadata-agent and can't see any mention in [2][3]. Is this someone
has looked at, or is planning to (though ultimately K would be the
earliest right?)?

thanks! marios

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/high-availability-guide/content/index.html
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronJunoProjectPlan