[openstack-dev] [Infra] Updates for SPF Record needed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 30 23:12:00 UTC 2014

[Cc'ing the infra ML in case some concerned parties aren't subbed]

On 2014-04-30 08:52:32 -0700 (-0700), Jay Faulkner wrote:
[...]
> 2) Make the SPF record accurate: "v=spf1 include:emailsrvr.com
> include:sendgrid.net a:review.openstack.org ~all". For any additional
> services that send mail for openstack.org, an additional
> "a:my.host.name.openstack.org" would be added to the SPF record.
[...]
> I strongly recommend we pursue option 2 -- this would mean if you know
> of any other devices sending mail to @openstack.org, please reply to
> this thread with the information so we can draft a valid SPF record.

I completely agree that #2 is the best path forward (and have gone
ahead and added a:review.openstack.org and given the foundation
admins with whom we share control of that domain a heads up). This
should be a nondisruptive addition and ought to improve
deliverability of messages coming from the new IP addresses. We can
certainly add further exceptions as we identify them, but for now
this should help avoid some pain.
--
Jeremy Stanley