[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Nova][Designate][L3][IPv6] Discussion about Cross-Project Integration of DNS at Summit

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 22:10:20 UTC 2014

Carl,

Let me ask you something...

If my cloud is IPv6-Only based (that's my intention), which blueprint will
fit on it (internal-dns-resolution or external-dns-resolution) ?

Since IPv6 is all public, don't you think that we (might) need a new
blueprint for IPv6-Only, like just "dns-resolution"?

BTW, maybe this "dns-resolution" for IPv6-Only networks (if desired) might
also handle the IPv4 Floating IPs (in a NAT46 fashion)... My plan is to
have IPv4 only at the border (i.e. only at the qg-* interface within the
Namespace router (NAT46 will happen here)), so, the old internet
infrastructure will be able to reach a IPv6-Only project subnet using a
well know FQDN DNS IPv4 entry...

Best!
Thiago