[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Nova-network to Neutron migration: issues with libvirt

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Wed Apr 30 15:40:21 UTC 2014

On 30 April 2014 17:28, Jesse Pretorius <jesse.pretorius at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 April 2014 16:30, Oleg Bondarev <obondarev at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
>> I've tried updating interface while running ssh session from guest to
>> host and it was dropped :(

Please allow me to tell you "I told you so!" ;)

> The drop is not great, but ok if the instance is still able to be
> communicated to after the arp tables refresh and the connection is
> re-established.
>
> If the drop can't be avoided, there is comfort in knowing that there is no
> need for an instance reboot, suspend/resume or any manual actions.

I agree with Jesse's point. I think it will be reasonable to say that the
migration will trigger a connection reset for all existing TCP connections.
However, what are exactly the changes we're making on the data plane? Are
you testing with migrating VIF from a linux bridge instance to an Open
vSwitch obne?

Salvatore