[openstack-dev] [Neutron] SSL VPN Implemenatation

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Apr 29 22:48:47 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Nachi Ueno's message of 2014-04-29 10:58:53 -0700:
> Hi Kyle

> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Nachi Ueno <nachi at ntti3.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Zang
> >>
> >> Thank you for your contribution on this!
> >> The private key management is what I want to discuss in the summit.
> >>
> > Has the idea of using Barbican been discussed before? There are many
> > reasons why using Barbican for this may be better than developing key
> > management ourselves.
>
> No, however I'm +1 for using Barbican. Let's discuss this in
> certificate management topic in advanced service session.

Just a suggestion: Don't defer that until the summit. Sounds like you've
already got some consensus, so you don't need the summit just to rubber
stamp it. I suggest discussing as much as you can right now on the mailing
list, and using the time at the summit to resolve any complicated issues
including any "a or b" things that need crowd-sourced idea making. You
can also use the summit time to communicate your requirements to the
Barbican developers.

Point is: just because you'll have face time, doesn't mean you should
use it for what can be done via the mailing list.