[openstack-dev] PGP keysigning party for Juno summit in Atlanta?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Apr 29 16:16:53 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Thomas Goirand's message of 2014-04-29 07:32:59 -0700:
> On 04/29/2014 06:42 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > On 2014-04-26 17:05:41 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
> >> Just a friendly reminder to add yourself to this list if you are
> >> interested in participating in the key signing in Atlanta:
> >>
> >> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenPGP_Web_of_Trust/Juno_Summit
> > [...]
> >
> > It has a sign-up cutoff of two weeks ago, so I assume that was
> > merely a placeholder. Which begs the question how late is too late
> > for participants to be able to comfortably print out their copies
> > (assuming we do http://keysigning.org/methods/sassaman-efficient
> > this time)? Should lock down the page Wednesday May 7th? Sooner?
> >
> > Keep in mind that this week (April 27 through May 3) is supposed to
> > be a vacation week for the project, so people may not be around to
> > add themselves until Monday May 5th ;)
>
> Is there a date a place already schedule for the key signing party?

Actually since we have the summit schedule now, we should start looking
for a time and place.

I think Wednesday would be the ideal day, as it has the most overlap
with the conference and is at least adjacent to if not within most
design tracks.

There are basically two questions:

a) How much time do we need?
b) Where can we find a room where we can isolate ourselves?

tl;dr -- (a) 20 minutes min. (b) A meeting room or a design summit room.

Setup time is less than 5 minutes if we all bring paper printouts. Given
that, more time will increase the number of identities that we are all
able to verify. So I suggest we ensure that everyone understands the
process and brings their print outs on the day-of. If we can do that, I
think we can get quite a few ID's verified and keys signed in just 20
minutes. Given a 30 minute break, I suggest we schedule the event for 5
minutes after the start of the break.

As far as a location, if there are private meeting rooms of a large
enough size that would be ideal. If we can't get one of those, then
perhaps we should target lunch time instead, and use a design summit
room (since they'll be mostly empty for the lunch break).

I don't know who to contact to schedule a meeting room. Anybody?