[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Question of necessary queries for Event implemented on HBase

Igor Degtiarov idegtiarov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 29 15:08:54 UTC 2014

Hi, everybody.

I’ve started to work on implementation of Event in ceilometer on HBase
backend in the edges of blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/hbase-events-feature

By now Events has been implemented only in SQL.

You know, using SQL  we can build any query we need.

With HBase it is another story. The data structure is built basing on
queries we need, so

to construct the structure of Event on HBase, it is very important to
answer the question what queries should be implemented to retrieve events
from storage.

I registered bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/hbase-events-structurefor
discussion Events structure in HBase.

For today it is prepared preliminary structure of Events in HBase:

table: Events

    - rowkey:  event_id + reversed_timestamp

                  - column: event_type => string with description of event

                  - [list of columns: trait_id + trait_desc + trait_type=>
trait_data]

Structure that is proposed will support next queries:

- event’s generation time

- event id

- event type

- trait: id, description, type

Any thoughts about additional queries that are necessary for Events.

I’ll publish the patch with current implementation soon.

Sincerely,
Igor Degtiarov