[openstack-dev] [all] Gerrit New vs. Old Change Views

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Apr 29 11:20:53 UTC 2014

While the infra team I've seen a lot of questions floating on IRC where
people are finding that things are missing, not usable. They are mostly
related to the "New" change view.

It's worth noting that among the infra team the New change screen is
considered unusable (there is a solid jeblair rant in here that I'm sure
he'll share once the dust settles). However with this version of Gerrit
we finally get a rest API, so it's possible to do more interesting
custom UI on top of Gerrit.

Remember, that before the Gerrit upstream team took the CSS style
developed for OpenStack, gerrit looked like this -
http://agentdero.cachefly.net/unethicalblogger.com/images/gerrit_changeoverview.png

There is a reason that the old change view is the default. :)

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net