[openstack-dev] [infra] Gerrit downtime and upgrade on 2014-04-28

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Fri Apr 25 17:40:02 UTC 2014

Jay Faulkner <jay at jvf.cc> writes:

> Can you guys publish the ssh host key we should expect from the new
> gerrit server?

Certainly!  As the wiki page[1] notes, you can see the current ssh host
key fingerprints at:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/ssh-keys

Of course, right now, that's for the current key.  After the upgrade
when you visit that page it will display the values for the new key.

It might seem odd to verify the fingerprints for the server you are
connecting to by visiting a web page on the same server, however, since
it is over HTTPS, some additional confidence is provided by the trust in
the CA system.

Of course, for some of us, that's not a lot.  So on Monday, we'll send a
GPG signed email with the fingerprints as well.  And this is just
another reminder that as a community, we should endeavor to build our
GPG web of trust.  See you at the Summit!

-Jim

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerritUpgrade