[openstack-dev] [Horizon][dashboards] Running the 'profile' specific unit tests

Abishek Subramanian (absubram) absubram at cisco.com
Thu Apr 24 14:54:51 UTC 2014

Hi all, Akihiro,

I wanted to get a little feedback on the issue regarding the running
of the dashboard unit tests with the cisco n1k profiles
(and very soon the cisco DFA profiles) and more specifically
how to have existing network and instance unit tests run both
with and without profiles.

Currently there all tests relating to profiles are turned off
by default. In order to run them, you need to manually go enable
running them by changing the test/settings.py file.

Based on community feedback and review comments from Akihiro, I raised
this bug to fix this issue -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1229819
I have an initial WIP review out for it as well that I'd appreciate
feedback on.

There are two kinds of 'profile' related tests. One set is directly
part of the 'router' dashboard. These I have fixed via the review to now
run always by default.
There is another set - in existing network and instance launch unit tests.
The issue with these tests is that the network create and nova server
create
APIs will need a profile_id argument if and only if the appropriate
neutron plugin is being used.

If not, the neutron APIs will not take a profile_id argument.
Hence, in horizon, the code checks to see if the profile_id should be
given or not.
Similarly the unit tests mock this same behavior. The dilemma here is how
to run the same unit test and hence the same portion of actual code once
with
the profiles and once without.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Please let me know if there are any
further
questions to clarify this problem.

Regards,
Abishek