[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Nova-network to Neutron migration: issues with libvirt

Oleg Bondarev obondarev at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 24 12:42:59 UTC 2014

So here is the etherpad for the migration discussion:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/novanet-neutron-migration
I've also filed a design session on this:
http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/374

Currently I'm still struggling with instance vNic update, trying to move it
from one bridge to another.
Tried the following on ubuntu 12.04 with libvirt 0.9.8:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Administration_Guide/sect-dynamic-vNIC.html
virsh update-device shows success but nothing actually changes in the
instance interface config.
Going to try this with later libvirt version.

Thanks,
Oleg