[openstack-dev] [nova] [qa] EC2 status and call for assistance

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Apr 23 23:10:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So no one is seriously discussing moving EC2 out of nova right now. The
> issue is that the EC2 code and tempest tests aren't being maintained are
> slowly code rotting. The goal of this thread is to get some volunteers to
> work on EC2.
>
> "I'd like to see if there are any more people interested in keeping these
> interfaces functional (by contributing both on the nova and tempest
> sides). If so, great!"

Sure, but if this code continues being ignored, then I don't see how
we have a choice long term.

So a few questions:

 - who currently ships a private cloud with EC2 enabled?
 - who has a public cloud with EC2 enabled?

These seem like the obvious places to talk to people about helping us
get this code maintained before we're forced to drop it. Unfortunately
we can't compel people to work on things, but we can make it in their
best interests.

A followup question as well -- there's a proposal to implement the
Nova v2 API on top of the v3 API. Is something similar possible with
EC2? Most of the details of EC2 have fallen out of my brain, but I'd
be very interested in if such a thing is possible.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia