[openstack-dev] [Globalization] REST API sorting by status severity vs. alphabetical status key

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Apr 23 22:33:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 18:28 -0400, Jay Pipes wrote:
> Worth it, IMO :)

yeah, we're talking about thousands and thousands of rows that have to
be updated before the API can be restarted…

> There's also a possibility of adding support for the status codes, but
> keeping the string columns in the database, and then using the nova
> object versioning to "migrate" the object schema over time to the point
> where the migration is a simple DROP COLUMN.

I like that idea better, TBH, but we're probably talking about a
long-time deprecation here, like on the order of a couple of releases;
that would give plenty of time for the majority of the records to be
revisited and make the final migration run for a lot shorter time.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace