[openstack-dev] [nova] [qa] EC2 status and call for assistance

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Apr 23 19:04:29 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 02:47 PM, Randy Bias wrote:
> Sean,
>

> We have a bunch of tempest tests we’re ready to push back that increase
> coverage for the EC2 tests.  Also, rather than deprecating the EC2
> pieces, which are in use by ~35% of the community, I’d like to recommend
> we move them into Stackforge as we did with the GCE APIs.  That way
> these can become optional components installed by those who want to use
> them.  The other advantage is that they can be iterated on out of band.
>  I would still like to see them all in the CI system however.

Assistance on Tempest would be highly appreciated. I'm a little saddened
that there is apparently a large set of out of tree tests that this is
the first we've heard of. These would have been good community
contributions during the icehouse cycle. Tempest runs like any other
part of OpenStack, so a giant dump isn't going to work, and it's going
to have to be proposed in manageable and reviewable chunks.

If people want EC2 in the main CI it needs to stay in Nova. It's either
part of the project, and supported, or it's not, and it's not.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net