[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Flavor(?) Framework

Mark McClain mmcclain at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Apr 23 18:48:06 UTC 2014

On Apr 23, 2014, at 11:05 AM, Eugene Nikanorov <enikanorov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi neutrons,
>
> A quick question of the ^^^
> I heard from many of you that a term 'flavor' is undesirable, but so far there were no suggestions for the notion that we are going to introduce.

Why is flavor undesirable?  The terminology parallels meaning from elsewhere in OpenStack and this is first objection that I’ve heard to the usage of this term.  Whenever I’ve had this discussion with folks outside of the Neutron they readily understand the concept.  What do others find wrong with this term?

mark