[openstack-dev] [UX] User Experience cross-project sessions at Summit

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 18:12:16 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I’m happy to say that there will be two slots (back to back) on the cross-project track for us to have discussions around User Experience during Summit \o/. I’d like to propose we talk about the following, but am completely open to suggestions from whoever is interested in attending these sessions. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts here!

1) Introduction of everyone in the session.
	-What role do you have today?
	-How does UX affect you?
	-How will you (if you plan to) contribute to OpenStack UX?
	-How active do you plan to be for the Juno development cycle?

2) Discussion of where are are currently in UX.
	-What components have we worked on so far?
	-What does our current process look like?
	-What tools do we use?
	-What has worked well?
	-What could be improved?

3) Discussion on where we want to go for Juno.
	-How should we improve our process and tooling during the Juno release? How do we track this and who will take certain action items?
	-What tools should we remove/add? (Jarda sent a nice e-mail proposal around yesterday that would be great to discuss further)
	-What are our goals for UX during the Juno release? (More research/requirements work? More designing? More user testing?...) Which components will we focus on? (Horizon? Tuskar? Heat? Ceilometer?….) Which features will we focus on?

4) UX as a program.
	-What does it mean to be a program?
	-Would UX make sense to be a program? If so, how should we work together to make this something we could propose as a team?

Thanks all,
Liz