[openstack-dev] Congrats and welcome to OPW interns!

Anne Gentle anne.gentle at rackspace.com
Tue Apr 22 22:00:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I want to warmly welcome our new interns joining us through the GNOME
Outreach Program for Women. Here's a little bit of information about the
participants and their projects.

Virginia Gresham is in Guilford, CT and Deer Isle, ME (east coast US,
represent!) She'll work on a persona research and design project for the
Horizon dashboard. That'll include Horizon usability tests. Liz Blanchard
and Ju Lim are her mentors.

Ana Malagon will work out of New Haven, CT doing period-spanning statistics
for Ceilometer with mentor Eoghan Glynn.

Nataliia Uvarova (AAzza on IRC) is in Gjøvik, Norway and Kiev, Ukraine
(that's a commute to me, maybe I will check that geography).  She'll work
on Py3K support in Marconi with Flavio Percoco and Alejandro Cabrera.

I also want to show our appreciation to the mentors who worked with many
applicants and who did such a great job gathering projects and getting
first patches submitted and reviewed. Julie Pichon especially shone while
sorting through the many applicants and working with other organizations
who also get great interns through this program. One of our prior interns,
Terri Yu, did a fantastic job helping applicants and recruiting great
people for OpenStack. I know there are many more who helped this round and
I can't say enough about what super humans we have here.

The official announcement is here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2014/MayAugust#OpenStack

With OPW and GSoC, we have 10 interns with many more mentors working on
OpenStack. This is fantastic! Thanks everyone who is making these programs
a reality for our community.

Anne