[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] Undercloud Ceilometer

Neal, Phil phil.neal at hp.com
Tue Apr 22 16:23:14 UTC 2014

Sorry for the delayed response, Ladislov. It turns out that the mailing list was filtering out these TripleO mails for me.

Let me add a little context to that -1: given that a TripleO user may not want to enable a UI layer at the undercloud level (there's a use case for using the undercloud solely for spinning up the overcloud), I think we want to support as small a footprint as possible.

I like this approach better...in fact I will look into adding something similar into the changes I'm making to enable Ceilometer by default in the overcloud control node: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/89625/1

> It would add Undercloud Ceilometer, Tuskar-UI and Horizon. And Overcloud
> SNMPd.
>
> Defaulted to USE_TRIPLEO_UI=1 so we have UI stuff in CI.
>
> How does it sound?

Perhaps specify something like "UNDERCLOUD_USE_TRIPLEO_UI" to be more specific on where this will be deployed.