[openstack-dev] [Nova Baremetal] disk-image builder tool error

Jander lu lhcxx0508 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:54:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am following this wiki page(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Baremetal ),
by using devstack to set up a nova baremetal provision environment, but met
one problems as below:

when I use disk-image builder(
https://github.com/openstack/diskimage-builder.git) command to build a
image, there is no output file and the error message seems confused to me,I
don't know what I should do next,  below is the output of the console.

stack at helpme:~/diskimage-builder$ bin/disk-image-create -u base -o my-image
Building elements: base  base
Expanded element dependencies to: base
Building in /tmp/image.LB2Dc8vH
dib-run-parts Mon Apr 21 19:05:11 EDT 2014 Running
/tmp/image.LB2Dc8vH/hooks/root.d/01-ccache
dib-run-parts Mon Apr 21 19:05:11 EDT 2014 01-ccache completed
----------------------- PROFILING -----------------------

Target: root.d

Script                                     Seconds

01-ccache                                     0.042

Please include at least one distribution root element.
stack at helpme:~/diskimage-builder$ cd ~

I think the wiki content both in Baremetal and Disk-image-builder is not
latest updated.

could someone point me how to give a try with this?

thanks!!