[openstack-dev] [nova] Looking for experienced guide to understand libvirt driver

Scott Devoid devoid at anl.gov
Mon Apr 21 23:38:13 UTC 2014

Hi folks!

I am working to add Sheepdog as a disk backend for the libvirt driver. I
have a blueprint started and an early version of the code. However I am
having trouble working my way thorough the code in the libvirt driver. The
storage code doesn't feel vary modular to start with and my changes only
seem to make it worse; e.g. adding more if blocks to 400 line functions.

Is there an experienced contributor that could spend 30 minutes walking
through parts of the code?

- Blueprint: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/82584/
- Nova code: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74148/
- Devstack code: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/89434/