[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] cinder-manage volume reattach is broken

Ray Chen chenrano2002 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:45:48 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As this bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1167931) says, we have
to do sth:

1) Just remove 'reattach' in file 'cinder/bin/cinder-manage'. I didn't find
any reference to this call. it's om to remove it.

2) If we keep it,  'reattach' function in cinder-manage will be moved to
nova side, since 'db.instance_get' in current implement is missing. I'm
going to add new sub command like 'nova-manage volume reattch', does it
make sense?  but is it suitable to operate cinder db (cinder,db.volume_get)
in nova-manage?

any idea/suggestion about the bug?

Thanks,
Ray