[openstack-dev] [nova] qemu1.7.1 vs qemu-kvm

Arindam Choudhury arindam at live.com
Mon Apr 21 10:34:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

As per I understand, onwards qemu 1.3 release all qemu-kvm features have been merged into upstream QEMU. So, if I use qemu 1.7.1 and use the -enable-kvm flag, the VM will use all kvm capabilities.

I have a Openstack Grizzly deployment with nova-network and I want to use qemu 1.7.1. So, I compiled it from source and symlink qemu-system-x86_64 to qemu-kvm. I can boot virtual machines.

But, is there any way I can avoid the symlinking and use qemu-system-x86_64 directly?

Thanks,
Arindam