[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Migration to packages, step 1/2

Dmitry Pyzhov dpyzhov at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 21 10:10:19 UTC 2014

> How does it impact development process? If I change code of, let's say,
> shotgun, and then run "make iso", will I get an ISO with my code of
> shotgun? What about other packages, sources of which I did not touch (let's
> say nailgun) ?

Everything is packaged, with two exceptions: *astute* and third-party
packages for nailgun-agent. We are working on it.

How far we became from implementing simple command to build an OpenStack
> package from source?

Not even a bit closer. Design for OpenStack packages is in progress.

What is the time difference, is ISO build became faster? Can you provide
> numbers?

A little bit faster. I did not perform precise measurements and we still
need remove gem mirror. It will be something like decreasing from 22
minutes to 17 minutes.

We still have puppet modules not packaged, right? Do we have plans for
> packaging it too?

Yes, puppet is not packaged. It is in our post-5.0 plans.