[openstack-dev] [Openstack][nova][Neutron] Launch VM with multiple Ethernet interfaces with I.P. of single subnet.

Prasad Vellanki prasad.vellanki at oneconvergence.com
Mon Apr 21 06:43:06 UTC 2014

Aaron
One use case is that tenant would like to put all the servers in a single
broadcast domain (thus single IP/subnet  domain). The servers can include
the 3 tier servers (web database and application server). Why would he do
that - Because it is simpler.

Then the tenant would like to put security appliance firewalls between
them. Lets say a database firewall appliance before the database tier or
only app servers can access database servers.

This is done in physical world but one needs to add switches and wire them
from one broadcast domain to other. It is a pain. But in the virtual world
this is lot simpler and convenient.

prasadv