[openstack-dev] Unable to get anything to pass Jenkins on stable/havana due to Neutron bugs

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Apr 20 19:43:09 UTC 2014

There seems to be a perfect storm of Neutron-related bugs that are
blocking anything from passing the check queue in stable/havana.  Is
anyone from the Neutron team looking at these?

Here's what I seem to be hitting consistently:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1251448

^ marked as won't fix :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1253896

^ marked as won't fix (for havana) :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/1224001

^ marked as a duplicate of bug 1253896 (above) which is marked as won't
fix for havana :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1283522

^ There are 5 patches on master related to that bug:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/78880/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80413/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80688/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81196/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81877/

There is only one backport to stable/havana for that bug:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84586/

Do the other 4 patches need to be backported as well?

As for the "won't fix" bugs 1251448 and 1253896 should we exclude those
tests in tempest stable/havana?  If we're not going to fix them why are
we living with the failures in CI?

Matt Riedemann